Friday, February 1, 2013

Home Sweet Home!

(This is from Katie)


They all made it home safely! The 9:30am flight to Charleston was delayed by an hour, but I got to meet sweet little Lily Mei at around 10:30 this morning.  She is very precious and incredibly quiet...I've probably only heard her say 1-2 words, but she's been handling this huge adjustment quite well.  It's easy to see that my mom is her favorite person right now.  Anytime she steps out of the room or disappears from view, Lily will cry.  I can't even imagine what a big transition this is for her. New people, new house, new country...

She absolutely loves Faya as well.  The two of them played in the bath this afternoon while mom and I started the thousands of loads of laundry.  I have never seen that many dirty clothes in my life...The floor of the laundry room was completely covered.  After getting somewhat reorganized after their arrival home, all five of them fell asleep.  Around 5pm, I had to go wake everybody up (multiple times) to help them get on a good sleep schedule again.

I got to spend some time with Lily before dinner, playing with toys and puzzles.  I think she's starting to warm up to me a bit.  I'm trying to spend as much quality time with her as possible before I have to go back to Clemson on Sunday, but I'll probably end up coming home frequently on weekends anyway in the future :)

Thank you for all of the prayers and support! We are so blessed to have this precious little girl in our lives and we can't wait for her to meet all of you!

Greeting my family at the airport:


She loves puzzles!




Our first family dinner as a family of 6






2 comments:

  1. So thankful to have Lisa, Mark, Nathan, Faya and Lily HOME!!! Thanks for the updates, Katie, and the wonderful pictures! Thanks be to God for His protection and His many blessings. Can't wait to meet the newest Greenslit!
    Beth J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Greenslits, party of 6!!! I am so happy yall had a wonderful trip and a safe journey home! Glory be to God!

    ReplyDelete