Wednesday, January 30, 2013

This is from Nathan:
Yesterday we headed to the top of a mountain where the air was very clear and fresh, unlike Beijing.  We took a cable car up to the top and ended up in a bird sanctuary.  They had cranes, gulls, and ducks. Faya enjoyed feeding some of the birds her crackers.  I, however, just stayed back and watched. (I would like to keep my fingers!).  We then headed down to the bottom.  It was about an hour-long walk.  We passed some plants that we recognized from home, such as camellias and tea olives.  As you might have heard from my mom, I ate some pork feet.  Although I wouldn't exactly say that I "ate it" because I only took a one-hundredth of a bite. It tasted sort of weird...

Later that evening, we went in the Pearl River on a cruise.  There was a nice buffet and I got to try some different food, such as dumplings and fried rice.  We passed many lit up buildings.  Guangzhou was once known as Canton, which also happens to be the name of the tallest tower in Asia.  Canton tower is 600 meters tall.  Speaking of meters, they use the metric system here and it is very confusing.  It's 23.5 degrees Celsius in here right now.

Today, we got to go to a park.  We rented a boat and paddled around the pond.  They had interesting decorations of fish and coral reefs.  We also got to swim in the hotel pool.  My vision is pretty fuzzy right now because of all the chlorine.  We will be leaving for home in 2 days! I'll see you all then!
~Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment